db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Embedded and Network Simultaneous Connections
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 15:26:41 GMT
Note that it's possible for application A to startup the network server
in a separate thread. That is, application A and the network server
could run in the same VM. In this scenario, Ole gets what he wants. For
more information on this, please see the section titled "Starting the
Network Server from a Java application" in the Derby Admin Guide:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/adminguide/

Hope this helps,
-Rick