db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: IndexOutOfBoundsException from client driver during getBlob
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 02:46:02 GMT
Kristian Waagan wrote:
> I haven't been able to obtain incorrect values, but I've been able to
> obtain the same locator value twice (on a multiprocessor machine and a
> slightly hacked Derby). It would help us a lot if we could instrument
> Derby to log the locator values that cause the error happening in your
> environment.
> Also, on what kind of machine and operation system are you observing the
> error?

Desktop is: Windows 2003 x86, 4 CPUs, 4GB RAM
Server is: Windows 2003 x86, 4 CPUs, 4GB RAM

Given that the information is so similar between the two, they might be
running on the same computer.

As for reproducibility, I'm unable to reproduce it here at all, and the
end user only had it happen once so far.  But when it happened, it
apparently continued to happen for all subsequent BLOB retrievals for a
while, and then "fixed itself".

Each of these BLOB retrievals are being done in a separate transaction,
which makes that last claim even more perplexing, unless the client
reconnected in the meantime and we simply weren't told.

Daniel