db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: IndexOutOfBoundsException from client driver during getBlob
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 13:59:41 GMT
[ snip ]

> The Jira you are looking for might be DERBY-3243.
> What you report seems to be the same symptom, but at first sight I
> think the cause is different.
> With a single execution thread, the server should never return one of
> the invalid locator values, but I think there's a chance it can happen
> if more than one thread calls the locator key generation method. It is
> not yet clear to me how this can happen, and I might be wrong.

Daniel,

I haven't been able to obtain incorrect values, but I've been able to
obtain the same locator value twice (on a multiprocessor machine and a
slightly hacked Derby). It would help us a lot if we could instrument
Derby to log the locator values that cause the error happening in your
environment.
Also, on what kind of machine and operation system are you observing the
error?

regards,
--
Kristian