db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Embedded database which only stores data in memory?
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 13:42:47 GMT
What Bryan says. One useful tip is to bounce your schemas rather than
the whole database in between test cases. That is, instead of recreating
the database for each test case, just drop all of the tables, views,
routines, and permissions. JUnit's setup()/tearDown() idiom makes it
easy to implement this technique. Try cloning the Derby test decorator
called CleanDatabaseTestSetup.

Hope this helps,
-Rick