db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: IndexOutOfBoundsException from client driver during getBlob
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 23:58:31 GMT
Kristian Waagan wrote:
> Daniel Noll wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> Has anyone seen an exception similar to the following, coming from a
>> call to getBlob()?
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes, I've seen it before, but only with 10.3.2.1 and earlier.
> The repro I have, which is very similar to the code you posted, doesn't
> trigger the bug with 10.3.3.0 or newer.
> Can you double check the versions (both client and server) you are using?
>
> For the record, I've been running with JDK 1.6.0.

I can confirm that it's 10.4.1.3 for both client and server.  We've been
using this version since it came out, and the version of our software in
use has been confirmed to be one where this version was included.

We're also running on JDK 1.6, though I'm not sure if the version which
was being used when the problem occurred was u6 or u10.

Was this a fixed bug for which there is a JIRA issue?  I was unable to
find out, but if one exists, the attached patch would presumably allow
me to confirm whether 10.4.1.3 includes the same fix, or perhaps more
interestingly, whether 10.4.2.0 does.

Daniel