db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 00:18:37 GMT
Hi all.

Has anyone seen an exception similar to the following, coming from a
call to getBlob()?

>         at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
>         at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)
>         at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetCursor.findExtdtaData(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetCursor.getBlobColumn_(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.derby.client.am.Cursor.getBlob(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.derby.client.am.ResultSet.getBlob(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.derby.client.am.ResultSet.getBlob(Unknown Source)

This is happening on 10.4.1.3 -- the issue is transient so even if we
update go 10.4.2.0 we have no way to know if it has fixed the issue.
But I have looked through the list of fixes for 10.4.2.0 and nothing
similar appears to be in it.

The code triggering the error is relatively simple (after removing
resource closing...)

   UUID uuid;
   // ...

   PreparedStatement ps = connection.prepareStatement(
     "SELECT data FROM binaries WHERE guidhigh = ? AND guid = ?");
   ps.setLong(1, uuid.getMostSignificantBits());
   ps.setLong(2, uuid.getLeastSignificantBits());
   rs = ps.executeQuery();
   if (rs.next()) {
     Blob blob = rs.getBlob("data");

     // Take slice of blob
   }

In the mail archives there is a post from someone getting a similar
issue but for CLOBs.  A response asked them to raise a bug for it but I
can't find a bug along these lines.

Daniel