db-derby-user mailing list archives

From tom_ <tom12...@web.de>
Subject Re: varchar length
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:30:17 GMT

Hello Kristian,

this is a good idea, truncating by java before writing by SQL. Yes, varchar
removes trailing blanks, though it would help if it would cut larger values
instead of not writing them. If you have a look at the error message it
shows that he tries to cut the value to the limit but has an exception.
Thank you for helping
Tom