db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <de...@segel.com>
Subject RE: Embedded and Network Simultaneous Connections
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 14:48:03 GMT

I don't think your question make sense.
If you're running Derby in embedded mode, then you don't have a "client",
you have an application which has a derby database embedded in it.

So I think your question becomes "Application A has derby embedded in it. A
separate application B, on a different JVM, would like to connect to the
Derby instance running in A."

Since you specified that the instance of Derby is embedded there is no
network service started and thus you can't connect to that instance of Derby
unless you write your own service as part of application A.