db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 'Driver not found' error while trying to run Derby on an Arcom Zeus box
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 13:32:44 GMT
Prashanth Aditya Susarla <prashanth.susarla@gmail.com> writes:

> Derby 10.4 ij with jsr169.jar
> =============================
> <SNIP>
> # j9 -jcl:max -Xbootclasspath/a:$DERBY_INSTALL/lib/jsr169.jar
> org.apache.derby.tools.ij
> ij> version 10.4
> ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:MyDbTest;create=true';
> JAVA ERROR: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.sql.Driver
> </SNIP>

I haven't tried this myself, but I think you may need to give this
argument to j9 for ij to know how to create a connection (this is
different in JSR-169 and in JDBC):

  -Dij.dataSource=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource

And when you get to the ij prompt, skip the "jdbc:derby:" prefix.

There is an example explaining this in the tools and utilities guide:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/tools/rtoolsijproprefdatasource.html

--
Knut Anders