db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: replication - master log overflow
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:29:06 GMT
Glenn McGregor <gm44@alcatel-lucent.com> writes:

> Jørgen Løland wrote:
>> Glenn McGregor wrote:
>>> How is one supposed to tell if a database in 'master'
>>> mode has exceeded its log buffer limit after its become isolated
>>> from the 'slave'?
>>
>> You'll have to look in the derby.log file on the master to learn
>> this. You'll find something like this (from memory - the actual text
>> may differ slightly):
>
> Sorry, I was not specific enough in my question.  Is there a way to
> determine this condition programmatically?
> I am attempting to automate the various steps of the sync-up and
> failover, and I need more information about what
> state a database is in, both on the master and slave servers.

Hi Glenn,

I don't think there is an easy way to determine it programmatically, but
I can't imagine that it would be very difficult to provide it (through a
stored procedure and/or the JMX interface). It would certainly be
useful. Please file a JIRA issue so that we can track this feature
request: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY

--
Knut Anders