db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "James Yu" <cyu...@gmail.com>
Subject How to accept NULL when having double-quote as char-delimiter ?
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 07:20:07 GMT
Hi all,

I have some data in CSV was exported from Oracle.
The char-delimiter in the CSV files are double-quote (\"), so NULL is
represented by two consecutive double-quote (\"\"), let\'s call it
2-double-quote.

When I import with SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_DATA, Derby errors out when
the column in any NUMBER type.
Although 2-double-quote does incurs errors for VARCHAR type, but it
doesn\'t give the right meaning.
The only way to fix it is remove the 2-double-quote, but this can take
some time when the files are large in size.

Here is my question:
What should I do to let Derby know that 2-double-quote is NULL and
doesn\'t error out ?
--
This is a UTF-8 formatted mail
James C.-C.Yu