db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David Van Couvering" <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Creating multiple indexes with different names on the same column does nothing.
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 23:07:40 GMT
I noticed that if you try to create two indexes with different names on the
same column set that Derby silently ignores the command.

I can understand the rationale - it doesn't make sense to maintain two keys
against the same columns - they're the same key.  But it would be useful to
say something that lets the user know that the index already exists, rather
than silently succeeding.

Just saying...

David

FWIW, MySQL let's you create two indexes with different names on the same
columns...

--
David W. Van Couvering
http://davidvancouvering.blogspot.com