db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: getting first k rows from a query that satisfy some additional condition
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 21:58:11 GMT
Amir Michail wrote:
> It's slow with setMaxRows.

Are you sure you have the correct indexes on whatever you're using for
your condition?  Try getting an explanation of your query to see what
it's actually doing.

I can confirm that the row_number() approach is slow (it's the current
best workaround for the k..(2k-1) problem as far as I know) but I
haven't noticed the same thing with setMaxRows.

Daniel