db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby not committing in tomcat
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2008 17:25:13 GMT
k74yeung-derby@yahoo.com.sg wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've read all documentations and followed all there is
> to follow. I got Derby 10.4.2.0 DB running in network
> server mode, copied derbyclient.jar to tomcat's
> common/lib, copied JOTM to the same and in my servlet
> started a JTA UserTransaction and got a DataSource
> from JNDI.
>
> However, data I inserted to the DB didn't get
> committed, despite calling tx.commit(). All logging
> and debug indicate a successful commit.

Hello Kevin,

Does your logging involve JDBC driver statement logging?
It requires you to set some options on the client side. Another, and
easier option, is to enable statement logging in the Derby network server.
All you need to do is add "derby.language.logStatementText=true" to your
derby.properties (or specify it at the Java commend line when starting
the network server). You should then be able to confirm the commit on
the server by looking in derby.log.

If that logging indicate a commit and you still can't find the data, are
you sure you are booting/accessing the same database? It's not stored in
a temp filesystem or something?

I haven't looked at your other questions yet (my Tomcat experience is
very limited).

regards,
--
Kristian