db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Unexpected sealing violation
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 15:02:12 GMT
On 09.10.08 15:17, Richard Scott wrote:
> Thanks, but it doesn't help.  My requirements are for the networked
> database, not the embedded version (which does, as you note, work
> properly).

Hello Richard,

Just a few thoughts.
1) Are you sure there aren't more than one version of derby.jar in your
system?
2) Can any of the components you are using pull in its own version of Derby?
3) Are you doing any kind of class loader trickery? Or is for instance
Jetty doing it?

4) Are you able to get the code base(s) for the class causing the violation?
5) Do you have a more detailed stack trace?

A more general question, can a sealing violation happen in any other
case than trying to load classes in the same package from two different
sources / code bases?

Sorry, not really helpful, but this is hard to verify/debug with the
current information.

regards,
--
Kristian