db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Valentin Cozma <vco...@elfyard.com>
Subject Re: Unexpected sealing violation
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 06:01:47 GMT
Richard Scott wrote:
> Derby gurus:
> I am seeing an unexpected sealing violation on
> org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.  There is not more than one
> instance of derby.jar in the classpath (as you can verify below).
> I have an application (under construction) that starts several
> services from within the application.  Among these are Jetty to
> support a web app, and Derby using the network server (via
> NetworkServerControl) instead of using the embedded model.  These
> services start without incident, and as expected, I can access the
> application's database externally (via ij, for instance).  However,
> when there's a hit on the web-app which triggers a client-side
> connection to the database (using the
> org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver), it barfs with
> "java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation: package
> org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor is sealed".
> Can this be fixed other than by starting Derby externally to the
> application (which works just fine)?
> Here's what getSysinfo() spits out when after the engine is started:
> Appreciate whatever enlightenment you can provide!

what I can tell you is that I'm using embedded+network derby and jetty
in the same jvm , with no problem at all.
first start derby, then jetty., all 4 derby jars in classpath, didn't bother about the order ever.

I do remember that I ran into that "sealing violation" once, I think it
was a library or version problem.

hope this helps.

View raw message