db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Bernt.John...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Date 2042-10-12 problem using Brasilia time zone
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 14:45:18 GMT
Although I can't shed any light on the Java/JavaDB problem, I can
clarify a bit on DST and Brazil. Brazil decided by law 2008-09-08 that
at 00:00 the third Sunday in October (which is 2008-10-18) is the
change from DST to normal time and at 00:00 the third Sunday of
February they will change back to DST. If your JDK is older than
2008-09-08, is is likely that it won't do this correct.

And, in 2042, the change will be on 2042-10-19 according to the new
law.

--
Bernt Marius Johnsen, Staff Engineer
Database Technology Group, Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway