db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Paul French" <paul.fre...@kirona.com>
Subject Embedded Derby + J2ME + JDBC Connection Pooling
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 22:10:59 GMT
Hello All,
I create an EmbeddedSimpleDataSource in my code. My application is
multi-threaded. I assume EmbeddedSimpleDataSource is thread safe from the
point of view of obtaining connections.
What is the cost of getting a connection each time I need to do some
database work? (Derby is running embedded in my application)
If the cost is high then I would like to use a light weight Connection Pool
Manager similar to Apache Commons DBCP, any ideas of a good implementation
that works on J2ME Personal Profile 1.1.2

View raw message