Well, it's a bit of a shame...

Thanks Knut for this quick reply and for the link.

Antonio

2008/9/16 Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hatlen@sun.com>
Antonio Goncalves <antonio.mailing@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the Derby network database to run my application and the Embedded
> mode for testing. Both work fine. But when I use the Embedded mode, Derby
> creates a directory on my hard drive full or files. I would like just to have
> a in-memory database, no I/O, just in-memory. Is it possible with Derby ?

Hi Antonio,

I'm afraid that's not possible with Derby at the moment. This feature
has been requested by others as well. See these issues in the bug
tracker:

There hasn't been any activity in any of these issues for quite a while,
though.

> I've seen a very old thread (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/
> db-derby-dev/200510.mbox/%3C4364E8D3.9030702@sbcglobal.net%3E) that mentions
> the URL jdbc:derby:memory:myDb but that doesn't work. I've cheked out the
> Derby source code but didn't find anything about that.

I think you need the patch from DERBY-646 to get this to work.

--
Knut Anders

Antonio Goncalves (antonio.goncalves@gmail.com)
Software architect