I am trying to test derby replication feature using two windows xp boxes. When I tried to connect from the master derby to the slave derby using this

connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/repldb;startMaster=true;slaveHost=slace_box_name';

I got the connection error "XRE04.U.1". Did anybody ever use this derby replication feature?

I need to add '-h 0.0.0.0' to start derby to allow other machine to access to my derby db at port 1527. How to allow other machine to access to the port 4851 - default replication port?

Thanks!

JB (Jiabing) Wang
(c) 978-435-1050
(c) 508-202-2906