db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Antonio Goncalves" <antonio.mail...@gmail.com>
Subject Just in memory ?
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 08:47:12 GMT
Hi,
I'm using the Derby network database to run my application and the Embedded
mode for testing. Both work fine. But when I use the Embedded mode, Derby
creates a directory on my hard drive full or files. I would like just to
have a in-memory database, no I/O, just in-memory. Is it possible with Derby
?  This is what I have at the moment :

<persistence-unit name="jolorunSampleJpaPU">
        <provider>org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider</provider>
        <class>org.jolorun.samples.jpa.basic.Customer</class>
        <properties>
            <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.driver"
value="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"/>
            <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.url"
value="jdbc:derby:myDB;create=true" />
            <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.user" value="APP" />
            <property name="eclipselink.jdbc.password" value="APP" />
            <property name="eclipselink.ddl-generation"
value="drop-and-create-tables" />
        </properties>
    </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

I've seen a very old thread (
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200510.mbox/%3C4364E8D3.9030702@sbcglobal.net%3E)
that mentions the URL jdbc:derby:memory:myDb but that doesn't work. I've
cheked out the Derby source code but didn't find anything about that.

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Antonio