db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Francois Orsini" <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Transaction Storage
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 06:43:26 GMT
Hi Raymond,

Have you increased the size of the Java heap (-Xmx JVM flag) for the process
running Derby or are you running with the default value of 64MB (usually set
on most platforms)?

Otherwise you could try with a greater initial and maximum heap size such
as:
Java -Xms128m -Xmx128m (for an initial and maximum heap size of 128MB).
or some higher value, 128MB is just an example over the default value.

Also, what's Derby page cache size and page size configured at, if not the
default?

--francois