db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Maris Orbidans" <marios.orbid...@ingg.com>
Subject RE: Peer replication
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:02:21 GMT

We tried both Sequoia and HA-JDBC and decided to use HA-JDBC. We had
serious problems with Sequoia.  HA-JDBC works very good with Derby.

Maris

-----Original Message-----
From: V.Narayanan@Sun.COM [mailto:V.Narayanan@Sun.COM]
Sent: 29 September 2008 16:31
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: Peer replication

Donald McLean wrote:
> We're working on an application where we have multiple servers and we
> need to replicate transactions between the servers to allow failover
> and load balancing. I think that this is different from the
> replication that Derby supports because it is peer-to-peer rather than
> master/slave. Has anyone worked with this sort of replication before?
>
> Donald

Not sure, but would Sequoia be a good fit for you?

Some references,

http://sequoia.continuent.org/HomePage

The example in this blog uses Derby

http://blogs.sun.com/JagadishPrasath/entry/using_sequoia_with_glassfish

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MessageLabs.

Confidentiality : This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the addressee only and
may be confidential. If they come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor
must you copy or show them to anyone. Please advise the sender by replying to this e-mail

Opinion : Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are entirely those of the author and unless
specifically stated to the contrary, are not necessarily those of the authorís employer.

Security Warning : Internet e-mail is not necessarily a secure communications medium and can
be subject to data corruption. We advise that you consider this fact when e-mailing us.

Viruses : We have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from
known viruses but in keeping with good computing practice, you should ensure that they are
virus free.

Inspired Gaming (UK) Limited
Registered in England No 3565640
Registered Office 3 The Maltings Wetmore Road, Burton On Trent, Staffordshire DE14 1SE
This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.