db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Narayanan <V.Naraya...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby replication
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 02:22:27 GMT
Hi,

Yes, I have used the derby replication feature before, I have however
have not tried between two
windows boxes though. One thing I know is that to make derby replication
work, I need to do
the same thing between the master and a slave that I would do between a
Derby client and a
Derby server. The basic network interface is sockets. So the network
setup is the same.

So basically you could try setting the slavehost property to what you
set -h to.

You can find information on how to set the slave host property here,

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefattribslavehost.html

Here are some resources for you (copy pasted from here
http://www.nabble.com/apache-derby-REPLICATION-td16914359.html)

- The wiki page: http://wiki.apache.org/db-*derby*/*ReplicationWriteup*
<http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReplicationWriteup>
- The *Derby* Server and Administration guide: (for example)
http://db.apache.org/*derby*/*docs*/dev/adminguide/cadminreplication.html
<http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/adminguide/cadminreplication.html>
- The release notes & download page for the new release:
http://db.apache.org/*derby*/releases/release-10.4.1.3.cgi
<http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.4.1.3.cgi>
- Current unresolved issues relating to *Replication* (includes bugs and
improvement requests): http://tinyurl.com/4jkxkh

Narayanan