db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Access derby server from Java ME client
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 17:40:12 GMT
Hi Dirk,

Derby's Java ME support consists of an implementation of JSR 169, the
small-device subset of JDBC 3. That implementation is part of the core
Derby engine and can only be used in embedded mode. Derby does not
supply an implementation of JSR 169 which could communicate with Derby
servers via Derby's network protocol (DRDA).

However, your small device could communicate, instead, with a thin
adapter (for instance a servlet) which lives on the server-side.

Hope this helps,
-Rick