db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Flachbart <flach...@gmail.com>
Subject Access derby server from Java ME client
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 16:52:04 GMT
Hi,

I want to find out if it is possible to access a derby server running in
a regular Java environment (on a different machine) from a Java ME JVM
via JDBC client calls. The Wiki states that Derby does not include
client/server support for Java ME environments (yet). Does that only
mean that we currently can't run derby in server mode on ME, or is even
just client access to another server impossible ?

Btw, I haven't done any derby development yet, I am just trying to
figure out if I would be able to use derby in such an environment.

Thanks !

Dirk