db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Fuzzo <mcucc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embedded Derby and .dat files
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2008 10:20:57 GMT

Thanks Kristian for your answer.

a) The Derby configuration i use is the one included in the ActiveMQ 5.1.0
package, and i don't know what system (mean JVM?) properties it set but i'm
sure the derby.properties file is not present.
By the way, i'm sure that checkpoint is not done every 10 MB of log because
last weekend in the production machine the disk were full and the .dat files
were ~5000!!!

b) No, the log archive mode is disabled (default, i think).

c) No, ActiveMQ wont do long running transaction. Derby is used for message
persistence.

d) No, i haven't this attribute but i'll add it in the connection URL. My
application is a server intended for 24/7 online.

In other words, seems there is an option that wont perform default 10MB log
checkpoint.

Unfortunatly now i'm not at work but i'll verify all next monday.

Thanks a lot, i'll keep you informed.