db-derby-user mailing list archives

From aspect1958 <gev...@debshops.com>
Subject Re: Backing up transactions logs
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:11:34 GMT

Thanks for all the help, sorry it took so long.
I wound up moving the logs to another disk on the system so I'm fairly
confident i can recover from most non-nuclear diasters.

I could put the freeze the db but I'm not sure what would happen with the
transactions for the 5 or 10 minutes the backup would take.

In addition since i'm running an embedded version of derby I would have to
stop the application to freeze the db,  I would think redunant.

Well thank you for your advice.

aspect1958
<