db-derby-user mailing list archives

From derbyfan195 <huang...@gmail.com>
Subject Does using DerbyDB require synchronization?
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 19:33:37 GMT

Just started using Derby in my Java code and realized some weird
synchronization issues. I have multiple threads accessing the same Derby
Database (embedded one) through a single connection. They issue read-only
queries, i.e., select, each with its own statement, and does some operations
on the returned ResultSet using ResultSet.next() operation. However, I
noticed sometimes, one of these next() calls would fail and gave me an error
of next() is not permitted, make sure that AUTO_COMMIT is turned OFF. I
don't know what this error means or why I need to turn AUTO_COMMIT off. Do I
need any synchronization among the statement objects obtained from the same
connection object? Any help would be appreciated.

-
Hai