db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Mikael" <mikael-arons...@telia.com>
Subject timestamp question
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 09:56:56 GMT
I have googled this a bit and found some information but it does not make it
much easier to figure out.

Assume I have a Derby server on one computer and two clients running on two
different computers and they
all have different timezones.

If i use setTimestamp( x), getTimestamp(x) and "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss.n" in
querys, will this work as expected ?

Or if I use setTimestamp( x) in client A, save the record to the database
and get the record to client B and use
getTimestamp( x), will the returned time be correct in the clients local
timezone ?

I did find some information indicating that the server stores timestamps in
servers local time, if this is true
and I move the database to another computer (different timezone) or change
the timezone in the server
everything will be messed up, is this true or not ?

I am just trying to figure out how I should use Derby in an enviroment where
the server and the clients are
in different timezones.