db-derby-user mailing list archives

From bruehlicke <bruehli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Show Tables command is not working with ij Tool
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:10:52 GMT
I am using Derby 10.4.1.3

Using ij I can confirm that "show tables;"  and "describe <tablename>";
works  for example:

ij> show tables;
TABLE_SCHEM         |TABLE_NAME                    |REMARKS
SYS                 |SYSALIASES                    |
SYS                 |SYSCHECKS                     |
SYS                 |SYSCOLPERMS                   |
SYS                 |SYSCOLUMNS                    |
SYS                 |SYSCONGLOMERATES              |
SYS                 |SYSCONSTRAINTS                |
SYS                 |SYSDEPENDS                    |
SYS                 |SYSFILES                      |

ij> describe sys.syscolumns;
COLUMN_NAME
|TYPE_NAME|DEC&|NUM&|COLUM&|COLUMN_DEF|CHAR_OCTE&|IS_NULL&
REFERENCEID         |CHAR     |NULL|NULL|36    |NULL      |72        |NO
COLUMNNAME          |VARCHAR  |NULL|NULL|128   |NULL      |256       |NO
COLUMNNUMBER        |INTEGER  |0   |10  |10    |NULL      |NULL      |NO
COLUMNDATATYPE      |org.apac&|NULL|NULL|-1    |NULL      |NULL      |NO
COLUMNDEFAULT       |java.io.&|NULL|NULL|-1    |NULL      |NULL      |YES
COLUMNDEFAULTID     |CHAR     |NULL|NULL|36    |NULL      |72        |YES
AUTOINCREMENTVALUE  |BIGINT   |0   |10  |19    |NULL      |NULL      |YES
AUTOINCREMENTSTART  |BIGINT   |0   |10  |19    |NULL      |NULL      |YES
AUTOINCREMENTINC    |BIGINT   |0   |10  |19    |NULL      |NULL      |YES

9 rows selected

Hope this helps.

B-)