db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Maris Orbidans" <marios.orbid...@ingg.com>
Subject RE: Is there any way to have active passive model in derby?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:03:31 GMT

You can use HA-JDBC for replication. It works well with derby.

Maris

-----Original Message-----
From: legolas [mailto:legolas.w@gmail.com]
Sent: 17 August 2008 23:07
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Is there any way to have active passive model in derby?

Hi
thank you for reading my post
Is there any way to have active passive model in derby?
for example DB1 and DB2 are two derby instance which one is master and
the
other is the slave and we replicate all information from DB1 to DB2, is
it
possible to automatically switch to DB2 when DB1 fails?
for example some configuration in connection url or something like that?

Thanks

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MessageLabs.

Confidentiality : This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the addressee only and
may be confidential. If they come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor
must you copy or show them to anyone. Please advise the sender by replying to this e-mail

Opinion : Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are entirely those of the author and unless
specifically stated to the contrary, are not necessarily those of the authorís employer.

Security Warning : Internet e-mail is not necessarily a secure communications medium and can
be subject to data corruption. We advise that you consider this fact when e-mailing us.

Viruses : We have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from
known viruses but in keeping with good computing practice, you should ensure that they are
virus free.

Inspired Gaming (UK) Limited
Registered in England No 3565640
Registered Office 3 The Maltings Wetmore Road, Burton On Trent, Staffordshire DE14 1SE
This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.