db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Saving XML into a database
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:40:59 GMT
> I am looking for a way to insert in memory XML DOM objects into the database
> because my code generates these xml objects programatically.
>
> Any ideas on how to do this?

Recent versions of Derby have fairly sophisticated XML support. Have a look
at the XMLSERIALIZE and XMLPARSE operators in the reference manual, and for
some examples of how to use this functionality, have a look in the Derby
source tree in the testing area, at the files:

java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/XMLTypeAndOpsTest.java
java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/XMLBindingTest.java

Here's some high-level background about the level of XML support in Derby:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/devguide/cdevstandardsxml.html

thanks,

bryan