db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: When and why use DB2UDB jdbc driver instead of the Derby ClientDriver to access a DERBY NETWORK SERVER?
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 22:12:37 GMT
Alan Burlison wrote:

> Related question:  If you want to connect to a Derby instance using
> something other than Java (C, Python Perl etc), what's the recommended
> mechanism?  Google suggests the DB2 driver, but most of the articles
> and howto's are several years old, and date back to the Cloudscape days.

Hi Alan,

IBM no longer provides support for the DB2 driver with Derby  and is not
testing it with new releases. It would be great to see an open source
initiative for an ODBC driver for Derby.  Although this is often
requested, I don't think we have a Jira entry for it yet.  Perhaps you
could open one.

Kathey