db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How can i see my self defined functions?
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:41:26 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

I don't know why the ij SHOW command displays procedures but not
functions. I have created a new JIRA (DERBY-3809) for adding SHOW
FUNCTIONS. I think this is a straightforward project so I have marked it
as appropriate for newcomers.

In the meantime, you can get the information you need by invoking
DatabaseMetaData.getFunctions(). That method was added in Java 6. From
ij, you may be able to get the information you need by querying the
system catalogs:

select s.schemaname, a.alias, a.javaclassname
from sys.sysschemas s, sys.sysaliases a
where a.schemaid = s.schemaid
and a.aliastype = 'F'

Hope this helps,