db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Curry, David CIV NAVAIR 41K300D" <david.l.cu...@navy.mil>
Subject RE: Seg file not updating?
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:08:11 GMT
Øystein,
Thanks, figured that out last week, posted an update you might not have seen.  That was it,
sure enough.
Dave

________________________________

From: Øystein Grøvlen [mailto:Oystein.Grovlen@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tue 8/12/2008 11:57 PM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: Seg file not updating?

Curry, David CIV NAVAIR 41K300D wrote:
> Vista, NetBeans 6.0, using embedded Derby driver.
>
> I have 2 apps that share a database.  admin.jar is the admin app,
> demo.jar is a simple client that cannot change data in the database.
> Both apps are in the same folder, along with the database folder.
>
> When I make data changes to the db using admin, and close admin and run
> demo, I can see the data changes, no problem.
>
> But when I look at seg\files, none of them have had their
> modified/accessed timestamps updated.  The log file does have the
> timestamp updated.  When I examine the seg\file that I know should have
> the new data, it does not, but the log file does have the new data.

Have you made sure to properly shut down the database before exiting the
  admin app?  Before exiting the application that embeds Derby, you
should connect to it with connection parameter 'shutdown=true'.  E.g.:

     DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:;shutdown=true");

Derby will as part of the shutdown force the database buffer to disk.

--
Øystein