db-derby-user mailing list archives

From bdemchak <vend...@tpsoft.com>
Subject Re: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission derby.log read)
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 00:34:55 GMT

Hi --

I am sorrier than sorry to have to report this. I don't know exactly why
this worked, but ...

My application consists of 3 projects: Proj1, Proj2, and Proj3. Proj1
depends on Proj2 and Proj3 via the Project Build Path. Proj2 depends on
Proj3.

I added the Apache Derby nature to Proj1. When I tried to "Start Derby
Network Server" via the Proj1 drop down menu, I got the
AccessControlException that is reported in this thread.

With about 1/2 hour of experimenting, I found that if I removed the Proj2
and Proj3 dependencies, re-added them, cleaned the project and rebuilt it,
the AccessControlException went away.

I don't know why ... but I'll offer this for whomever finds it useful.

SORRY!