db-derby-user mailing list archives

From JM Malmedy <jmmalm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Kill user session
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:24:55 GMT

Hi Rick,

First of all, thank you for your fast and useful answer.

In fact my problem is that the database is used together by customer GUI
applications that execute small and well-controlled transactions but also by
some "power" users that execute their own SQL requests for reporting. Very
often these users run a SQL which is not optimized and that take a lot of
resources and, of course, that's very disturbing for the GUI applications.
That's why I'd like to be able to kill these SQL requests when needed
directly on the server. Is there any workaround to do this?

Thanks again.

Jean-Marc