db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Sánchez <antodasana-trab...@yahoo.es>
Subject dblook fails to connect my authenticated database
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 15:16:04 GMT

Derby 10.4.1.3, Java HotSpot 1.6.0_06-b02, Ubuntu 8.04

Hello.

I can't find the way of succeeding with dblook on a database that
requires authentication, but is working fine with non-authenticated
databases. Also, I can connect the database using ij and of course from
my java application.

In my case:

"dblook -d jdbc:derby:mydb;user=sa;password=derby"

I'm sure the user/password and the url are correct.

Any hint about this? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Antonio.

dblook.log content:

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: Se ha producido una
anomalía de autenticación de conexión.  Razón: Autenticación no válida..
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.checkUserCredentials(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection40.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40.getNewEmbedConnection(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:207)
        at org.apache.derby.tools.dblook.go(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.tools.dblook.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.tools.dblook.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Se ha producido una anomalía de
autenticación de conexión.  Razón: Autenticación no válida..
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown
Source)
        ... 17 more