db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Saving XML into a database
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:30:07 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Iwud H8u" <iwudh8u@hotmail.com>
To: <derby-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 6:21 PM
Subject: Re: Saving XML into a database

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for suggesting this... I should have been more specific with my
initial question. I have in-memory XML DOM objects which need to be saved
into a database... If I adopt your approach, I will need to save my DOM
objects to a file before reading them in...

I am looking for a way to insert in memory XML DOM objects into the database
because my code generates these xml objects programatically.

Any ideas on how to do this?

----------------------

http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-dom.html#faq-4

but instead of using a FileStream... you going to stream it to a buffer and
then say to String Buffer, and then stick it in the database... this is
normal Java core coding.
I'm not sure how xerces does it... but I have a feeling that standard Java
XML serialization is a representation of the object... whereas xerces
probably turns it back into the original XML.
Doesnt really matter... as long as you bring it back in the same way...

I would just do it in the same way as I serialize any class... to a blob...
but if you do serialize to XML either the Java way or xerces way... I think
its just a string... varchar will probably do fine.
Its just Java serialization... I think, not too much to do with the db and
if you do do it the Java way... should matter what dB engine you on.... I
think

Have fun...
The only real POJO Application Server.