hi-

if i use this for a connection string:

jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/home/thirdshift/JADE_DB

(it connects)

my program can find the data files in that folder.

if i try to move to a different location with the datafiles:

jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/home/thirdshift/b1/JADE_DB

(not connect)

i get the msg:

Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException: The connection was refused because the database home/thirdshift/b1/JADE_DB was not found.

i dont know what setting i need to put so that i can move the location of the data

around. this is important as i want to deploy my application and dont want the user

to have to specify the exact same path as me. they actually cant in linux as

their /home/<username> will be different.

thanks for any tips,

jim