db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Rebooting derby within a java app
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:25:32 GMT
neuna <inode.306665@inode.at> writes:

> Hi, in my java app i want to set up a complete derby database, but after i
> set the properties (e.g. sqlAuthorization) i have to reboot the server to
> grant rights with the SQL command "GRANT".
> But for some reason, it doesn't work if i use the simple methods
> derbyServer.shutdown();
> and
> derbyServer.start(null);
> If i use this to reboot the server, i can't grant rights (it says GRANT not
> allowed unless database property derby.database.sqlAuthorization has value
> 'TRUE'., although derby.database.sqlAuthorization definately has the value
> 'TRUE' !)
>
> What can i do, to restart the database properly? Thx in advance for any
> help!

I am not sure, but perhaps your database was not correctly shut down
cleanly when you shut down the server (there have been some corner
cases where that didn't happen, although I thought it did not apply in
this case). Does it make a difference if you shut down the database
before you shut down the server? Which version of Derby are you using?
How do you set the properties?