db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Unable to connect to the apache derby server
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 07:43:17 GMT
Anil D'souza <anil.dsouza@patni.com> writes:

> Hi, I tried to coonect to a apache derby server using the DBManager class
> which is attached in the mail. I get the following error.
>
> [2008-06-30 10:52:03,091] ERROR com.bupa.bqpmonitor.quartz.job.BQPHttpJob
> Insufficient data while reading from the network - expected a minimum
> of 6 bytes and received only -1 bytes. The connection has been
> terminated.

Hi,

I noticed that you try to connect to localhost:8080. Are you sure it's
your Derby server that is listening to port 8080 and not some other
server? Derby's network server normally listens to port 1527, and you
may see errors similar to the one you're seeing if you connect to a
server that uses a protocol Derby doesn't understand.

--
Knut Anders