db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: how to use a java class in a table function in the client server mode
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:10:17 GMT
> i wanted to explore the tablefunctions of derby a bit, but struggle to
> get one run in the client server environment. in the embedded mode
> everything works fine.

> ERROR XJ001: Java-Ausnahme: 'tableFunction.Wishlist:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException'./

The client and server are run in separate JVMs, and so they each have
their own CLASSPATH.

Setting the CLASSPATH in the "My Computer -> Properties" dialog will
only affect JVMs that are subsequently started; did you restart your
server after resetting the CLASSPATH?

You can use the "sysinfo" tool to view the classpath that the server
is using: http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/adminguide/tadminconfig815768.html

thanks,

bryan