db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: cannot invoke other java.sql.Clob
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:18:54 GMT
Kristian Waagan wrote:
> Regarding the problem you mention above, I think similar issues might
> have been logged already. I'll keep my eyes open, and maybe someone else
> remembers the Jira issue.
> Providing any of the following information could help:
>  a) Is there an error in derby.log on the server side?
>    (maybe try running with derby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel=0)
>  b) What does the SQL query look like?
>  c) Can you verify the Derby version, both for the client and the server?

I can confirm that it's 10.4.1.3 on both sides.

The query is like this:

  SELECT id, guid, options,
  (SELECT COUNT(1) FROM JobItems WHERE JobItems.jobid = Jobs.id) AS count
  FROM Jobs ORDER BY name

options is the blob in this case, we're using it as an XML container for
additional cruft which changes often and we don't want to migrate.

If we see the issue again, we'll get the server logs as well.  I get the
feeling some error occurred and caused a rollback, I've seen similar
phenomena in the past where we were using a connection and then the
server decided it was closed.

> BTW: Can you say how big the Clobs in your database are? (approx, or on
> average)

These particular ones we allow for 1MB, but the actual amount of data on
average is around 1kb at present.

--
Daniel Noll