db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Choosing Database Location Programatically with Embedded Driver
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:23:50 GMT
Hi Pierre,

The location of database files is determined by two variables: 1) the
database location in your connection URL and 2) the location of the
Derby system directory indicated by the "derby.system.home" system
property. For more detail, please see the section titled "Connecting to
databases" in the Derby Developer's Guide:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/devguide/ In particular, please
take a look at the subsection titled "Database connection examples".

Hope this helps,

Shinkan wrote:
> Hi there !
> I'm really happy that I discovered Derby. It's a perfect embedded
> lightweight data management system !
> As I really think that documentation is complete, it's sometimes hard
> to find something precise.
> I would like to know if I can (and how), using Java JDBC Derby
> Embedded Driver, choose the location my database files are stocked in.
> Thanks a lot in advance for answers !
> --
> Pierre.
> Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use
> XML." Now they have two problems. -- Jamie Zawinski / James Robertson

View raw message