db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jim McNamara <thirdshiftco...@yahoo.com>
Subject connection url not working
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 21:01:06 GMT
hi-if i use this for a connection string:jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/home/thirdshift/JADE_DB(it
connects)my program can find the data files in that folder.if i try to move to a different
location with the datafiles:jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/home/thirdshift/b1/JADE_DB(not connect)i
get the msg:Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException: The connection was
refused because the database home/thirdshift/b1/JADE_DB was not found.i dont know what setting
i need to put so that i can move the location of the dataaround. this is important as i want
to deploy my application and dont want the userto have to specify the exact same path as me.
they actually cant in linux astheir /home/<username> will be different.thanks for any
tips,jim