Hello !

Thanks for the response ..
I tried out what you said, but it still hangs, i think it could be something else T_T

Anyway, this thread also shows another approach of doing it.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-user/200609.mbox/%3c20060907215602.85178.qmail@web81301.mail.mud.yahoo.com%3e

Yesterday from my search, i found out too about one approach that supplies another dbcp resource in tomcat that functions to shutdown derby ..

        <Resource name="jdbc/SofcoSMSShutdown" auth="Container"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
              maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
              username="" password=""
              driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
              url="jdbc:derby:Databases/sms;shutdown=true"/>

One just need to fetch the connection to close the database (ironic .. haha)
I think it'll work as stated by the poster, but .. havent got the time to test it yet ..

Regards,
Albert Kam

--
Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future.
The past no longer is. The future has not yet come.