Hello,

I'm currently engaged with using embedded Derby on Tomcat.
Fortunately i found out about this helpful web :
http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/DerbyTomcat5512JPetStor.html
And it just makes things easier.

Anyway, i just want to ask whether there's a clean place to specify the location of
the derby database directory ?
In the tutorial link above, it says copy the database directory in the Tomcat_Home directory.
But in my experience, the directory which i use to start tomcat is used for the base directory for the
derby database.

Do i have to start tomcat with the -Dderby.system.home in the catalina.sh or is there any other way ?

Thank you,
Albert Kam

--
Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future.
The past no longer is. The future has not yet come.