Hi,

Really amazing!
It is reproducible. I've tested with your guide and this is the result
1. Remove a column: won't disconnect even the result is added up to 10000 rows
2. Add a column: disconnects less that 7966.
3. Add order by: OK! Won't disconnect now!
4. Using 10.4 derby client to connect, I did not replace the 'derbyclient.jar' at server side, still disconnect with the message:
ERROR 08006: Insufficient data while reading from the network - expected a minimum of 6 bytes and received only -1 bytes.  The connection has been terminated.

I guess I need to make an update now. The reason I keep it is because I am using the Derby bundled with WebSphere 6.x.

Thanks!